At this time of national emergency, we want to avoid any risk, no matter how small, to the health of our Stonewall family. For that reason, we have decided to move our in-person general membership meetings, usually held at West Hollywood Park in West Hollywood, CA, to virtual meetings until further notice. Meetings will still take place on the fourth Monday of every month, and members will receive log-in details via email ahead of the meeting. Members are encouraged to sign-up to receive updates. Rest assured that we are continuing our work to help elect progressive Democrats, and to support legislation that is important to the LGBTQIA+ community and promotes social and economic justice. Please follow our weekly political email and other communications for ways you can get involved.
Steps to Prevent Illness
During this time, Stonewall would like to strongly urge that all of our members observe the following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), and/or through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Wear a mask or face covering when you are around other people (i.e., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with others, especially people who are sick. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Stay home if you’re sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks. Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
Note: Older adults and people who have severe underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes seem to be at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness. Please consult with your health care provider about additional steps you may be able to take to protect yourself.
Resources for Impacts to Workplace or Employment
For disability benefits due to contracting or being exposed to Coronavirus, paid family and employee leave, information on reduced work hours or workplace shut down, and assistance if you are an employer seeking support to avoid laying off workers during a period of social distancing, please visit the State of California's Employment Development Department website here.
General Membership Meetings
When in-person General Membership meetings resume, they will be held on the fourth Monday of the month in one of two buildings in West Hollywood Park:
- The West Hollywood Library Community Meeting Room (for smaller capacity), directly to the right of the Main Library entrance.
- West Hollywood Auditorium (for larger capacity), the older brick building that is immediately north of the West Hollywood Library.
The address for the parking garage entrance is: 625 N San Vicente Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069
Most navigation apps will successfully route you to the meeting location by referencing the West Hollywood Library.
Steering Committee Meetings
Steering Committee Meetings are held on the first Thursday of the month. Until further notice, meetings will be conducted virtually and will temporarily no longer take place at the West Hollywood Library Community Meeting Room. Members of the Steering Committee will receive log-in details via email ahead of regular Steering Committee Meetings.