*Nov. 8, 2022 ELECTIONS*
Our rights as members of the LGBTQIA+ community is on the line. This election matters and is one of the most important ones facing our generation! Voting is not enough. We need you to get off the couch, step away from the bars and the clubs and let's get busy!!! Click on the link below to see the targeted races by the California Democratic Party that mean the most to flip all of California BLUE!
Stonewall always needs more people! Virtually any skill set is useful, even if it's just an eagerness to do something!
We are a vast, volunteer-led organization that organizes people, vets and supports candidates, lobbies elected officials, advocates for policy, and tries to get new people involved in the political process.
Some, but not all of the activities we need more folks to help with include:
- Political activities such as phone banking, postcarding, texting, etc. for candidates
- Volunteer recruitment to help us find qualified volunteers
- Fundraising help such as creating and running a fundraiser, thanking sponsors, writing fundraising emails, etc.
- Candidate interview committee for endorsements - helps to create tough questions to ask candidates seeking our endorsement
- Research and follow legislation and motions through the committees and votes at the Federal, State, and Local levels
The Communications team is also looking for:
Social Media Influencers
- Pro-LGBTQ activists with large social media followings interested in working with Stonewall to amplify our message ahead of the 2020 primary volunteers.
- Experienced writers to respond to current events and breaking news with the LGBTQ perspective and represent Stonewall in various blog posts, newspaper op-Ed submissions and letters to editors, and Medium articles.
Vice-Chair, Produced Media Committee
- Individual will ideally possess video editing capabilities and a passion for capturing concise and persuasive content, optimized for social media.
Vice-Chair, Social Media Manager
- Looking for someone who can contribute to the daily tasks of social media and has ad campaign experience.